Research & Insights
Research & Insights
Creating broadcast research is a key way to generate an interesting news angle. The idea behind this process is that we generate research questions to send out to consumers in order to create ‘new’ news, as part of a story which the target audience would be interested in. The process behind this is as follows:
1. Decide on the key messages behind the campaign
2. Form specialist research questions considering the key messages, as well as forming questions which can provide us with statistics and headlines that would be relevant to the story
3. Work with either our partnering research company or a research company of your choice, to send out the research to a minimum of 1,000 consumers (who will be chosen based on the target audience of the campaign)
4. Analyse the results and pick out key top lines which could form the headline
5. Create a specialist broadcast advisory (a broadcast media version of a press release) where we use the broadcast research, focusing on the most exciting statistics that we know will be interesting for broadcasters and the target audience
Having broadcast research within a campaign is hugely beneficial and helps to make our client's story relevant to the news agenda.
As a specialist broadcast media agency, we pride ourselves on the knowledge we have of both the media and the clients we work with. Part of the way we do this is through the insights we provide.
Having a team of experienced broadcast media specialists means that we have extremely strong relationships with media contacts across national/regional TV and radio outlets. We have regular meeting and discussions with our media contacts, so that we are the first port-of-call when broadcasters are looking for something specific. We pride ourselves on being at the top of our game in supporting our clients on how to frame a story, the topics to frame it around and the assets that broadcasters will need in order to take an interview.
When working with any client, it's essential for us to have a strong knowledge of the broadcasting potential of their field. We have the ability to provide an analyses about the previous and current presence of our clients and their competitors within broadcast, and the broadcast presence of our clients before and after our campaigns. This in-depth analysis allows us to ensure our campaigns achieve maximum broadcast potential, as well as ensuring our clients stand out from the competition. It also enables us to explain to our clients how to make the most out of their potential opportunity based on our knowledge of the assets required for broadcast in their sector.