Broadcast measurement organisations had effectively been turned off during the pandemic.
This meant that PRs had to report figures based on pre-pandemic levels, but outlets anecdotally talked about reaching peak audiences during the period.
To support clients, we undertook an analysis of media consumption during this period identifying;
- Media consumption: National and regional TV and radio
- Trust within media outlets: across broadcast, print, social media, and online
- Who has authority on complex issues according to the public? (EG. mask and vaccine debate)
- Young people’s consumption during the pandemic
- Approach: how have PRs dealt with broadcast
- What does all of this mean for the future?